Frequently Asked Questions
From time to time the Gold Star Dads website will post answers to some of the most often asked questions. We can’t answer all of your questions here so feel free to use our contact us page or direct email as you feel it is necessary. Questions about our Veteran and Gold Star Family Assistance Project – Operation Noble Warrior™, can be addressed on the message board, via private email or via our contact us page.
Gold Star Dads of America Membership
- Who can Join Gold Star Dads of American?
- Do I have to be a Gold Star Dad to Join?
- My Son was killed in a “Training Accident” can I still join Gold Star Dads?
- Can Women Join your organization?
Paying for Membership
- Why do I need a PayPal account to pay for my Yearly Membership?
- Why don’t I need a PayPal account to pay for Official Lifetime Membership?
- I don’t use a credit card and I don’t have a PayPal account, can I mail a check?
- When I make my mission selection on the Donate Now page and click the DONATE button I am forwarded to PayPal, why don’t you process my donation?
- I made a donation last month and my credit card statement says it was made to “Gold Star Dads” but did not state the category I chose. Did my donation go to the category I requested?
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Official Gold Star Dads of America Membership is open to any father (includes; step-father) whose son or daughter died while on active duty in any U.S. branch of service. This includes any Soldier, Airman, Sailor, Marine or Coast Guardsman, killed in combat, during a training accident or as a result of natural causes or suicide. Membership is strictly dependent upon adherence to the principles of the Gold Star Dads of America Constitutional Preamble and the Objectives stated in Article III of that document and paragraphs a) through i) of Section 1 of our bylaws.
- No, American Patriot Membership is open to any family member (man or women 18 years of age or older) who qualified for the Gold Star, but whose relationship disqualifies them as a “Dad.” Associate members are non-voting members and Do Not have access to the Members Only section of our website.
- YES you are welcome here. Gold Star Dads of America WILL NOT turn away any man who is grieving over the loss of his child and needs fellowship, consoling or prayer. SEE #1 Above
- Short Answer, No. Although we encourage our Dads to bring their wives to any and all of our Gold Star Family events, Gold Star Dads is exactly that a Men’s Organization. Women can however be Associates through the American Patriot membership option.
Paying for Membership
- Paypal requires that you have/create a FREE Paypal account for yearly membership because it is a renewable subscription. We must be able to offer the customers a way to manage their subscriptions, for example to update the credit card details or to cancel the subscription.
- The “Lifetime Membership” classification (one time payment) does not require a Paypal account since your credit card must be valid only for the one time payment.
- Yes, you may pay for any of the membership classifications using a personal check or money order. Here is a PDF Link
- GOLD STAR DADS OF AMERICA INC has partnered with PayPal to securely process your online credit card donation via the PayPal secure server. It is a totally secure website transaction. The https: in the address signifies that the payments are encrypted and thus “Secure.”
- Yes we did, Thank You. Donations made to us will appear on your credit card statement as "Gold Star Dads. "Your donation was placed in the category that you chose at the time of the donation.