Gold Star Dads Linking Policy
Linking to the Gold Star Dads & our project Websites.
Organizations and individuals (the site owner) are encouraged to link to GoldStarDads.org and http://goldstardads.org/news/ information. Advance permission is not required before linking. Links should be made using the appropriate base URL’s of www.GoldStarDads.org and http://goldstardads.org/news/ or such other URL as the organization may use for outreach programs. Because we may change sub pages at any time without notice, the site owner should routinely verify links to organization subpages.
What Site Owners May Not Do in Linking to the Gold Star Dads and our project websites.
- Site owners may not capture website pages within the site owner’s frames, present Gold Star Dads content as that of the site owner, or otherwise misrepresent the content or misinform users about the origin or ownership.
- Any link to Gold Star Dads should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to the site unencumbered.
- Although the content of these sites is available to the public, certain information on this site may be trademarked, service marked, or otherwise protected as Gold Star Dads of America intellectual property, and is protected by federal copyright laws.
- Use of protected intellectual property must be in accordance with federal and state law and must reflect the copyright, trademark, service mark or other intellectual property ownership of Gold Star Dads of America
Links from any Gold Star Dads of America Website.
- Links from the GoldStarDads.org website are provided for convenience and information only, and Gold Star Dads of America assumes no responsibility for their content.
- We reserves the right to link to external websites that Gold Star Dads of America feels provide a service to its members.
- Gold Star Dads of America makes all efforts to ensure these links to open in new browser windows.
- All requests for links from GoldStarDads.org must be submitted to the Gold Star Dads of America staff. Each request will be reviewed under the provisions listed in the Website Links Policy.
- The Website Links Policy guidelines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Non-commercial information relevant to Gold Star Family members, Wounded Warrior assistance, or those who are engaged in providing non-profit services to wounded warriors and their families.
- Commercial links with a stated commercial purpose will be refused unless said company is an active donor to Gold Star Dads of America. Links to sponsor advertising will be so noted.
- Gold Star Dads of America reserves the right to refuse any link request without condition.
- Gold Star Dads of America also reserves the right to remove posted links on GoldStarDads.org websites without condition. Specific conditions include, but are not limited to, if the website or website sponsor’s:
- Is engaged in any unlawful activity
- Is engaged in any activity incongruous with Gold Star Dads of America mission(s)
- Is engaged in the sale, promotion, or display of pornographic material
- Exhibits or promotes hate, bias, discrimination, libelous, or defamatory content
- Offer invasive or intrusive advertising, such as, but not limited to, continuous pop-up windows with advertising, even if it is for products or services provided by the website to which the link pointed
- Gold Star Dads of America will also not link to any website or sponsor where such link will violate Gold Star Dads of America’s status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation.
- Gold Star Dads of America will not link to any website furthering the political agenda or candidacy of any candidate running in any organization or agency.
- Gold Star Dads of America and the Board of Directors reserves the ultimate right to refuse or permit any website link, irrespective of the above policy.